- Acquisition reaffirms Ricoh as a Digital Services company
- Customers to benefit from Ricoh’s global footprint, continuous support and extensive IT infrastructure
Ricoh Europe, London, 02 September, 2020 – Ricoh customers in Poland are set to benefit from an even greater range of IT services and digital transformation capabilities through the company’s acquisition of SimplicITy.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Warsaw, SimplicITy is one of the fastest growing information and communications technology companies in Poland. Its main areas of focus include data centre transformation solutions, hybrid cloud, networking and cyber security. SimplicITy has been expanding its business at pace – doubling its year-on-year growth.
The acquisition will enable SimplicITy customers to benefit from Ricoh’s global footprint, continuous support and extensive IT infrastructure. They can also access a wide range of Ricoh products and services, including Document Management Systems, Business Process Services, Production Printing Solutions and Workplace Management Services.
SimplicITy will continue to operate under its existing name, SimplicITy Sp. z o.o, and managed as a separate entity in Poland. SimplicITy will develop commercial synergies with Ricoh Poland, as well as Ricoh Europe’s Service Operations Centre and wider IT Services team as part of the integration, generating cross selling into the respective customers.
Alberto Mariani, Senior Vice President, Office Services, Ricoh Europe, says: “This is an exciting and significant addition to our IT Services business in a key market. The acquisition fits perfectly with our strategy to expand coverage in Poland and to acquire further competences around hybrid cloud and high end IT services. We are looking forward to supporting the growth of SimplicITy customers and aiding the progress made on their respective digital journeys.”
Mariusz Iwański, Co-Founder & President of the Board, SimplicITy, adds: “We are delighted to be joining the Ricoh family. It is clear that Ricoh shares our appetite for customer excellence, innovation and driving successful IT transformation. This will enable us to provide an even more comprehensive service to customers in an increasingly competitive IT market.”
The purchase of SimplicITy is a key part of Ricoh’s acquisitions strategy to provide even greater customer benefits and accelerate transformation in a digital services company. Previous IT Services acquisitions include:
- The Ridgian companies in the field of analytics
- Aventia for user experience and ecommerce
- Techno Trends in the field of unified communications and video conferencing systems
- NPO Sistemi for cloud solutions, technology & integration and software solutions
- LAKE Solutions AG for data storage, security and cloud integration
- The IPM and TotalStor businesses for the transformation and modernisation of critical IT infrastructures, data storage and analytics in private and hybrid cloud
- Mauden for data Centre, IT infrastructure, artificial intelligence and business intelligence
- Orbid for critical IT infrastructures, managed services, data centres, private and hybrid cloud.
For more information on Ricoh’s IT Services capabilities visit www.ricoh-europe.com/its.
Ricoh is empowering digital workplaces using innovative technologies and services enabling individuals to work smarter. For more than 80 years, Ricoh has been driving innovation and is a leading provider of document management solutions, IT services, communications services, commercial and industrial printing, digital cameras, and industrial systems.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in approximately 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ended March 2020, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,008 billion yen (approximately 18.5 billion USD).
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com